Hi Guys, Happy holidays !! I am sorry for the past one month, I am couldn’t post any recipes. I was quite little busy with other stuffs. I am glad and happy that I am back with my new recipes. This cake is one of the most famous recipe for Christmas & New year special in India. Celebrate this Holiday Season with my tasty & light tutti frutti cake recipe. For every New year my dad used to buy it & this cake is one of my favorite. It is light to eat. Hope you guys enjoy it.
Here is one more thing to introduce my brand new Kitchen-Aid stand mixer gifted by my lovable husband for our second anniversary. Am so happy this is my first recipe that I used my stand mixer. It pretty done well…ha ha
Unsalted butter, room temperature – 1/2 cup or 1 stick
Granulated white sugar – 1/2 cup
Eggs, room temperature – 3 large
Pure vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
Tutti frutti – 1 cup
All-purpose flour – 2 cups
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Zest of one small lemon (outer skin)
Milk (whole or reduced fat) – 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, with the oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Grease with butter, or spray with a nonstick vegetable spray, a 8.5 inch loaf pan.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
- In the bowl of your electric stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Now add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the vanilla extracts.
- Beat in half the flour mixture just until incorporated.
- Add the tutti frutti and beat until incorporated.
- Then beat in the milk and then the remaining flour mixture.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 60 -70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool on a wire rack for about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream and enjoy it.
- While adding eggs the mixture looks scramble, but don’t worry after adding flour everything comes together.
- If you find the cake is browning too much, cover with a piece of aluminum foil.