Today’s recipe is Gyoza (dumplings) is one of the favorite recipe in Chinese & Japanese cuisine. It is really easy to prepare in home like restaurant style. I used garam masala to give Indian punch to my gyoza (dumplings), this helps to gives nice flavor & taste to dish. For dipping sauce, in a small bowl add soy sauce, chopped spring onions & mix it well.
All purpose flour / maida – 1/2 cup
Boiled water – as required
Salt to taste
Minced chicken – 1/2 cup
Onion – 1 small finely chopped
Ginger – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Spring onion – 2 tbsp finely chopped
Soy sauce (low sodium) – 1 1/2 tsp
Sesame oil – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
For the dough;
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients & knead into a soft pliable dough.
- Rest the dough for 30 minutes & start to knead for another 10 minutes.
- put a hole in center of the dough & slowly make into circle.
- Divide the dough into small 18 equal portions & keep aside.
For the filling;
- Combine the minced chicken & seasoning in a small bowl
- knead the mixture with hands / chopstick until the texture becomes sticky.
- Now add the rest of fillings ingredients and mix it well.
How to make Gyoza / Dumplings;
- Roll out each portion of the dough into very thin circles.
- Place a teaspoon of chicken filling in the centre of the circle.
- Fold the wrapper in half over the filling and pinch it in the center with your fingers.
- Pinch the corner on both side of it as shown in above figure. Make 2-3 pleats, continue with the left & right side of the gyoza / dumplings.
- After finishing it is looks like half moon shape. Repeat the same procedure for remaining wrapper.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a frying pan over medium high heat.
- once the pan get hot, place the gyoza / dumplings in a single layer, flat side down in a circular shape.
- When the bottom of the gyoza turns golden brown, add ¼ cup of water to the pan.
- Immediately cover with a lid and steam the gyoza for about 2 minutes or until most of the water evaporates.
- Steam in a greased steamer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot & enjoy it with sauces.