Today’s recipes is prawn masala. This curry is my own version & it is really easy to make. It is perfect with steamed rice, parathas, idly, dosa, etc., Instead of dry coconut, you can also use fresh one and moreover you can make it with different ingredients like chicken, mutton or any other vegetables, etc., I used ginelly oil / sesame oil, gives more flavour & taste to the curry and ginelly oil is a natural coolant to our body & having many nutritional value.
Small onion / shallots – 4-5 nos. (chopped)
Garlic – 10 cloves
Tomato – 1 medium (finely chopped)
Ginger- garlic – green chili paste – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
Fennel seeds – 2 tsp
Dry coconut flakes – 1/4 cup
Prawns (large & deveined) – 25 pieces
Lemon juice – 2 tsp
Biriyani masala / powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1tsp
Red Chili powder – 2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1tsp
Black Pepper (crushed) – 1 tsp
Jeera / cumin – 1 tsp
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Marinate the prawns by adding all the ingredients given above & refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add onion, fennel seeds, coconut in a blender & grind it into paste.
- Heat the oil on the low flame, splutter the mustard seeds, cumin, fennel seeds & crushed pepper corns.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste & saute it until the raw flavor goes off.
- Now add the small onions, garlic & saute for 2 minutes. After that add the grounded paste and saute it for 3- 5 minutes.
- After that add chopped tomatoes & cook until mushy.
- Add the marinated prawns, add generous amount of water and mix it well, cover & cook it for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Garnish it with finely chopped cilantro.
- Serve it hot and enjoy it with dosa, idly, steamed rice & chapathi.