Karivepaku kudi kora is one of the most famous dish in Andhra cuisine. The name itself would describe the nature of the recipe. It is really simple & easy to prepare & also gives an exquisite taste. Specially the curry leaves powder gives a nice aroma to the dish. Wow, this is the recipe that would taste heavenly with the steamed rice.
To make curry leaves powder, allow to dry the leaves in room temperature for 2 – 3 days & grind it into powder. This powder can be stored it in air tight container for a longer shelf life. By using this powder, we can create more recipes like idly podi / gun powder, curry leaves rice, chapathi, etc., moreover it can also mixed with coconut oil & use for good hair growth. Curry leaves are highly nutritious and health benefits.
Onion – 1 large (finely chopped)
Tomato – 1 medium (finely chopped)
Ginger- garlic paste – 2 tsp
Dry Curry leaves powder – 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Chicken (thighs) – 500gms cut into medium
Curd/ yogurt – 2 tbsp
Garam masala – 1tsp
Biriyani masala / powder – 1 tsp
Red Chili powder – 2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1tsp
Black Pepper (crushed) – 1 tsp
Jeera / cumin – 1 tsp
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Marinate the chicken by adding all the ingredients given above & refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil on the low flame, splutter the mustard seeds, cumin, fennel seeds and crushed pepper corns.
- Now add the chopped onions and ginger-garlic paste until the raw flavor goes off.
- Add the marinated chicken, saute it, cover & cook it for 5 minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes, cover & cook it for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Finally add the curry leaves powder, add generous amount of water and mix it well.
- Cover the lid and cook the chicken for 15 minutes on medium high flame.
- Serve it hot and enjoy it with dosa, idly, steamed rice & chapathi