Today’s recipe is simple mushroom egg fried rice and prefect meal/ lunch for the winter. Vegetables can be added as per wishes & for vegans avoid the egg. Leftover rice & chicken were best ingredients to make a exquisite fried rice.
Egg – 2 nos. (room temperature)
Mushrooms – 2 cups (chopped )
Green capsicum – 1 no.
Carrot – 1 cup (julienne / cut lengthwise)
Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
Olive oil – 3 tsp
Garlic – 2 cloves (chopped)
Ginger – small pieces (chopped)
Steamed Jasmine Rice – 1 cups
Soy sauce (low sodium) – 2 tsp
Roasted Sesame oil – 1 tsp
Rice vinegar – 2 tsp (optional)
Red Chili flakes – as per taste / spice
Spring onions – finely chopped
Salt to taste
- Season the rice with rice vinegar, sesame oil,1/4 tsp salt & keep it aside.
- Heat the oil on the big pan, first fry the eggs with a pinch of salt, remove from pan & keep aside.
- In the same pan, add chopped onions, garlic, ginger and saute it for 2 minutes.
- After that add carrot and saute it for 3 minutes.
- Now add the mushroom, capsicum & cook it for another 4 minutes.
- Once the vegetables cooked, mix the egg, add the seasoned rice, soy sauce, red chili flakes, salt to taste and stir it for 2 – 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Serve hot and enjoy it! with sauces !!