Broccoli with dal is very simple & healthy dish, goes well with steamed rice, chapathi, idli, dosa, etc., It taste delicious too and always I got bored of eating broccoli by stir fry & salad. But this recipes gives a touch of Indian flavor & comfort food for me. I am really happy the way this recipe came out.
Broccoli – 2 cup (chopped)
Salt to taste
Moong dal – ½ cup
Fenugreek – 1 tsp
Cumin / jeera – 1 tsp
Onion – 1no. Chopped
Tomato – 1no. Chopped
Green chilies – 3 nos.
Oil – 3 tsp
Mustard – 1 tsp
Jeera / cumin – 1 tsp
Onion – 1 no. finely chopped
Tomato – 1 no. finely chopped
Garlic – 5-7 cloves
Ginger – 2 tsp
Turmeric – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 strand
Cilantro – handful
- First cook the dal with above mentioned ingredients by adding 1 ½ – 2 cups of water.
- Heat the oil on medium flame, splutter the mustard, add cumin, curry leaves, onion, garlic, ginger & saute it for 3 minutes.
- Now add tomatoes, salt & cook until tender.
- Add turmeric & cook until raw flavor goes off.
- After that add broccoli & saute it for 2 minutes.
- Now add cooked dal, 1 cup of water & cook it for 15 – 20 minutes on medium flame.
- Finally garnish it with cilantro.
- Serve hot & enjoy it with steamed rice, idly, dosa, paratha, etc.,