Today’s special dish is spicy south Indian style fish fry. I love fried fish, but my husband was not fond of having fried stuffs, so after a long time I prepared it. Fish fry is perfect with sambar & rasam rice. It is simple & easy recipe.
South Indian style spicy cat fish curry; Sardines fish curry; Fish curry – using coconut powder; Kerala Red fish curry; Spicy snapper fish curry; Spicy fish curry with raw mango; Malabar Fish Biriyani; Homestyle cat fish curry
Oil – for shallow fry
Cat fish – 2 nos.
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice – 2 tsp (as required to make paste)
Salt as required
- Make a paste, by mixing all spices & lemon juice.
- Marinate the fish for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Keep the oil on low flame, fry the fish for 3-5 minutes on each sides.
- Garnish it with fried curry leaves.
- Serve hot & enjoy it…
- Before marinating, remove the excess water from fish by using paper towel.
- Apply masala paste using hand, this helps to spread evenly & improve its taste.