Potato stir fry recipe – south Indian style. This recipe is really easy to make & perfect side dish for curd rice etc., Instead of having french fries, this recipe is best for its crunchiness, taste & healthy. Avoid peeling the skin of potatoes, because it gives nice crispy & more taste to it. I used jeera powder it really enchance its taste & flavor of the dish. Also I finally added the crushed garlic, this helps to enrich its taste more than usual..Add spices as per your taste & enjoy it !!
Potatoes – 3 nos. Chopped into cubes
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Jeera powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Garlic – 3 cloves (crushed)
Hing / Asafoetida – a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1tsp
Jeera / cumin – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – few
- Keep the oil on the low flame, splutter the mustard, add jeera & curry leaves.
- Now add the chopped potatoes & saute until half cooked (without adding water).
- After that add the chili powder, turmeric, jeera powder, saute until it fully cooked & raw flavour of spices goes off.
- Finally add the crushed garlic with skin & saute it for a minute.
- Garnish it with fried curry leaves.
- Serve it hot & enjoy !!