Today’s recipe is “Egg curry masala”. This dish is simple, easy to prepare, tasty, flavorful & rich. Egg can be replaced with potato / paneer for vegan version. This egg curry masala goes well with steamed rice, idly, dosa, parathas, bread etc.,
Egg (hard boiled) – 4 nos.(cut into halves)
Oil – 1 tbsp
Tomato puree – 1 cup
Chilly powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Salt to the taste
Onion (large) – 1 no. chopped
Poppy seed – 2 tsp (soaked in warm water)
Anise seeds / sombu – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1 inch
Garlic – 6 cloves
Grind it into paste:
Coconut fresh – ¼ cup
Cilantro – few
Green chilies – 3 nos.
Cilantro / coriander leaves
Curry leaves – few
- First grind the ingredients onion, green chilies, poppy seeds, anise seeds, ginger, garlic & keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add grounded onion paste & cook until raw flavor goes away.
- Add tomato puree & salt to taste, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add the garam masala powder, turmeric, red chili powder and mix well. Add some water, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- After that add grounded coconut paste, chopped cilantro, curry leaves & cook until oil floats on top.
- In a small pan, add teaspoon of oil, fry the boiled eggs & dust some red chili powder.
- Finally add the fried eggs to the sauce or gravy.
- Serve hot & enjoy it !!
For tomato puree, I blend it in mixer.