Garlic Chutney easy south Indian style recipes. This dish is goes well with steam rice & piece of pappad. Also perfect with idly, dosa, parathas etc., this can be also stored in refrigerate for a week, for this avoid coconut.
Garlic– 1 whole (cut it into horizontal)
Tamarind – small lime size (soak into water)
Red chili powder – 1 – 2 tsp
Turmeric – 1 tsp
Jeera / cumin powder – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Dry roast & grind into paste:
Coconut (fresh) – ¼ (chopped)
Jeera/ cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Black pepper corns – 1 – 2 tsp
Fenugreek/ methi seeds – 1 ½ tsp
Whole coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds/jeera – 1 tsp
Fennel seeds – ½ tsp
pepper corns – ½ tsp
curry leaves – 1 strand
- Dry roast all the ingredients, grind it by adding little water& make it into paste.
- Heat the oil on low flame, add garlic, fry until it turns brown color & move to corner of the pan.
- Splutter the mustard seeds, add cumin, fennel seeds, and curry leaves sauté it for a minute.
- Now add grounded paste and sauté it for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Finally add tamarind sauce, add generous amount of water, cover it with lid & cook it for 15 minutes on medium flame, once the oil float on the top switch of the flame.
- Garnish it with cilantro.
- Serve it hot and enjoy it with steamed rice, idly, dosa, etc.,
- Ginegelly oil makes the dish more tasty then any other oil.
- Instead of coconut, add ground nut also.