Ramazan / Ramadan Special Gulab Jamun, it is milk solids based dessert, similar to dumpling, soaked in sugar syrup with the essence of rose water. It is a popular dessert, that always in do list in every wedding & feast in India.
Bread gulab jamun is one of the easy & less time consuming recipe. I never tried gulab jamuns before, but this recipe is really simple to prepare. The taste, texture & consistency of this recipe is simply good.
Bon Appetite !!
Happy cooking !!
Milk bread – 5 -7 slices
Milk powder – 2 tbsp (optional)
unsalted butter- ½ tbsp (optional)
Milk – ½ cup
Sugar – ½ cup
Water – 1 cup
cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Rose water essence – 1 tsp
Oil for deep frying
Pistachio for garnishing & stuffing
Making the dough into balls & fry:
- Remove brown part of bread.
- Soak the bread into the milk and keep aside.
- In a small bowl, add soaked milk bread, milk powder, butter & knead soft dough.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap or lid & keep aside for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Make small balls from dough (don’t press too much) & stuff pistachio inside the balls.
- In a sauce pan, add sugar, water, essence, cardamom and boil till it become ½ thread sugar consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium low flame, add stuffed balls in it (don’t over crowd) & fry until it becomes brown in color.
- Once the jamuns get cooled, soak the fried Gulab Jamun in hot sugar syrup, cover & keep it for 60 minutes (it helps to absorb the syrup).
- Serve it chill & enjoy topping with ice cream !!.