Cauliflower is low in fat, low in carbohydrates but high in dietary fiber, folate, water and vitamin c, having high nutritional value and best for weight loss. I thought of sharing a simple south Indian curry with Cauliflower as a main ingredient. We can also use the base of this curry for other vegetables like potato, mushroom, broccoli, etc., We can also try with dairy (Panneer) and meat products (chicken, mutton, etc.).
Onion – 1 no. large (finely chopped)
Tomato – 2 nos. large (finely chopped)
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
Green chilies – 3 nos.
Salt to taste
Cauliflower florets – 1 lb / 500gms (blanched)
Curd / yogurt – ¼ cup
Red chili powder – 1 – 2 tsp
Turmeric – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Jeera powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard – 1 tsp
Jeera / cumin – 1tsp
Curry leaves – 1 strand
Cilantro – handful
- Marinate the cauliflower by adding curd, chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, jeera powder, turmeric powder & salt.
- Heat the oil on the low flame, splutter the mustard seeds, cumin & curry leaves.
- Now add the chopped onions and ginger-garlic paste until the raw flavour goes off.
- After that add the juicy tomatoes cook until mushy.
- Now add the marinated cauliflower and saute it for 5 minutes.
- Add generous amount of water and mix it well.
- Now cover the lid and cook for 15 minutes, once its get gravy.
- Serve it hot and enjoy it with dosa, idly, steamed rice & chapathi.