Hello friends, hope you guys are doing good !! Its been a long time, it took a month to post my recipe, I feel sorry about it..
First of all, I want to thank everyone for all the love, support, comments & encouragement. Love you guys !!! here is my special thanks to my husband, who is backbone of this blog & my family. So here, I am proudly announce that this is my 100th post, so I thought to make some unique & quintessential recipe. After surfing for many recipes, finally I choose one of my favorite traditional Italian dessert.
Any guess? Yep, it is Tiramisu !!
I always fond of having this dessert, whenever I visit to Italian restaurant. I know it is the dessert loaded with double XL calories, but we could spend some extra time in gym !! I have to tell that, once in your life time you must have to taste this dessert (Tiramisu). It was such a heavenly dessert in the universe. The creaminess of zabaglione (Zabaione, is an Italian dessert, or sometimes a beverage, made with egg yolks, sugar, and a sweet wine. The dessert version is a light custard, whipped to incorporate a large amount of air).
Tiramisu (from Italian, spelled tiramisù, [tiɾamiˈsu], meaning “pick me up” or “lift me up”) is a popular coffee-flavored Italian dessert. It is made of ladyfingers (Italian: Savoiardi, [savoˈjardi]) dipped in coffee, layered with a whipped mixture of egg yolks, egg whites, sugar and mascarpone cheese, flavored with cocoa (Wikipedia).
Once I tried tiramisu, by using risotto cheese, it was really good but it doesn’t give the fruitful texture to the dessert. So it is worth to spend on mascarpone cheese, which gives creamy, rich & aromatic. In my recipes, I didn’t use egg whites, If you want to use it, whisk the egg whites to soft peak and slowly add to the zabaglione, cream & cheese mixture. For vegan version, avoid egg and add all other ingredients. Soon I will try to prepare in vegan style.
Buon Appetito !!!
Granulated sugar – ¼ cup (as per sweetness)
Mascarpone Cheese, soften (room temperature) – 8 oz
Egg yolks, large (room temperature) – 3 nos.
Brewed Espresso or any strong coffee – 1 cup
Heavy whip cream – 120 ml or 1/2 cup
Savoiardi / Ladies fingers biscuit – 10 – 15 nos.
Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
Cocoa powder for dusting
Any dark chocolate bar for garnishing
- In a saucepan, bring water to boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Keep a mixing bowl that will fit over the top of the pan, but the pan should not sink all the way.
- Add the separated egg yolks (room temperature) in a mixing bowl, add 1/8 cup sugar & whisk until yolks turned to pale yellow in color.
- Cook over simmering heat, and use the rubber spatula to scrap the bowl.
- Cover the mixture with plastic wrap & refrigerate until cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine whipping cream, vanilla extract & remaining 1/8 cup sugar and whip until not quite stiff (over stiffing lead to butter) using hand mixer.
- Add the soften room temperature mascarpone cheese, to the chilled egg yolk mixture & mix it using hand mixture on low speed or fold it with spatula.
- Fold the whipped cream mixture to the cheese & egg yolk mixture by using spatula.
- Cover it with the plastic wrap & refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Keep the brewed espresso in a separate bowl.
- Now arrange the ladies finger in single layer in the pan (I used pyrex 750 ml square box), by dipping in espresso mixture.
- Spread half the mascarpone / cream / Zabaglion mixture over the ladyfingers. Dust some cocoa powder on top of the cheese filling.
- Repeat with remaining cookies and cream mixture.
- Cover and chill it for 6 hours or overnight in refrigrator.
- Sprinkle with grated dark chocolate just before serving & enjoy !!!!