Vegetable pulav is a simple & easy one pot meal. This is a mild aromatic rice with loads of veggis. Here, I used basmathi rice which is long grain, whole spices & frozen mixed vegetable (sometimes I feel lazy to cut vegetables). I followed pressure cooker method, because it’s the easiest way to cook, the best way to minimizing nutrients loss & less time consuming. I finally garnished with ghee roasted cashew nuts & raisins.
This vegetable pulav / pilav is always goes well with all types of curries like chicken / meat curry, mushroom, paneer, cauliflower etc.,
Here I served with yogurt-based mushroom curry !!!
Bon Appetite !!!
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Marination Time : 30 minutes
Soaking Time time : 30 minutes
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
Basmathi Rice – 1 1/2 cups ( 360 gms)
Oil – 1 tbsp
Ghee/ clarified butter – 1 tbsp
Ginger – garlic paste – 1tbsp
Onion – 1 medium
Green chili – 5 (cut it into splits)
Cilantro & mint leaves – handful
Mixed vegetables – 2 cups (carrots, beans, corn, peas)
Whole gram masala:
Bay leaves – 1
Cinnamon – 1 sticks
Cardamom – 5 nos.
Cloves – 6 nos.
Shahi jeera – 1 tsp
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
- Soak the basmathi rice for 30 minutes and keep aside.
- Now keep the pan or pressure cooker, add 1 tbsp of oil, ghee & heat it on low flame.
- Now add the bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, shahi jeera, fennel seeds and saute for a minute.
- After that add thinly sliced onion & cook until its turns into slightly golden brown, now add the ginger garlic paste and saute it until the raw flavor goes off.
- Once the raw flavor goes away, add the mixed vegetables and saute it for 5 minutes.
- After sauted vegetable, add basmathi rice & saute it for 2 mins on high flame.
- Now add water to the mixture, the ratio between 1:2 (for 1 cup rice add 2 cups water).
- Before closing the lid, add the finely chopped cilantro & mint layer by layer.
- After that, close the pressure cooker & put it on low flame for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and slowly mix the rice with flat ladle, once the rice get cooked nicely.
- Serve it hot and enjoy it with onion raita & curries.