Lovely Sunday, are you confused? what curry to make today? Don’t worry, here is mouth – watering recipe for you. Wow, pepper & chicken are one of the best combination, playing with these two ingredients gives a wonderful experience in my kitchen. The aroma of pepper makes this dish more flavorful & tasty. Finally I touched with fried cashew & ghee (clarified butter)
This is recipe goes well with steam rice, naan, paratha, burger stuff, tacos stuff, tortillas stuff, sandwich, salads etc.
Instead of chicken, you can try this recipe with mushroom, potato etc. for vegans.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Recipe Category: side dish
Recipe Cuisine: South India
Onion (medium) – 1 no.
Tomato (large) – 1
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Pepper Masala powder – 2 tsp http://wp.me/p42nDE-68
Salt to the taste
Chicken thighs (skin & bone removed) – 250 gms (cut it into medium size)
Curd (yogurt) – 2 tbsp
Chilly powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Oil – 3 tbsp
Dry red chillies – 2
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Pepper corn – ½ tsp
Curry leaves – few
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Cilantro / coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, fennel, garam masalas and curry leaves.
- When mustard begin to splutter, add finely chopped onions and saute till it turns brown (caramelization enhance flavour & taste).
- Now add ginger – garlic paste, saute till the raw flavour goes away.
- Add chopped tomatoes & salt to taste, cover and cook until the tomatoes are soft and tender.
- Add the marinated chicken, stir for 3 minutes and cover it.
- Now add the ground pepper masala and mix well. Add some water, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- When the chicken gets tender, leave it on low flame for a few minutes, add fried curry leaves, coriander & mint leaves for garnish.
- Serve hot and enjoy it.