Last Sunday I tried Coconut creamy chicken curry, am pretty sure every one like it. The mild spiciness, creamy texture & juiciness of the chicken, melting in my mouth. The combination of bowl of rice & chicken curry. Wow!! heavenly dish.
Finally, I touched it with some ghee (clarified butter), which enhances the aroma & taste to the curry. Adding coconut milk, the base of the curry, helps liaison to the dish. Also your favorite meat / seafoods / vegetables can be added.
For vegetarians, chicken can substitute with paneer / channa, Tofu, Potatoes, Brinjal or Cauliflower.
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 35 minutes
Recipes Cuisines : South Indian
Whole Red chillies – 6 nos (soaked in hot water)
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Poppy seeds – 1 tsp (soaked in water / milk)
Pepper corns – 2 tsp
Cloves – 4 nos
cinnamon stick– 1 small
Cardamom – 2 nos
Ginger – 1 small
Garlic – 8 cloves
Turmeric – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Oil / ghee – 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Anise seeds – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 strand
- In a blender, add whole red chili, coriander powder, poppy seeds, pepper corns, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, garlic, turmeric, garam masala, add some water & grind into paste.
- Heat the oil on the low flame, splutter the mustard seeds, anise seeds, cumin seeds / jeera & curry leaves.
- Now add the finely chopped onions, grounded paste & sauté until the raw flavour goes off.
- After that add chopped tomatoes & cook until it gets mushy.
- Now add the chicken, cover with lid and cook for 15 minutes until the chicken gets tender.
- Once the chicken gets cooked, add the coconut milk & cook it for 5 minutes.
- Garnish it with hand full of cilantro & mint.
- Serve it hot and enjoy it with dosa, idly, steamed rice & chapathi!!!