Me & my husband celebrated our first valentines day this year. For dessert, I made this layered red velvet cake and enjoyed with him. I love the bitterness from the dark chocolate, makes the cake more delicious & hot…
It’s really easy to make within 15 minutes.
I preferred sheet pan, because it is easy to make our desired shape. By using heart shape cookie cutter, I cut the thin sheet cake and made layered with low fat free whip topping (Reddi wip). Im so happy to share this valentines day’s recipe..
Bon appetite !!! Enjoy !!!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 10 – 15 minutes
Mild sweet chocolate / chips – 3 tbsp (45 gms)
Unsalted butter – 3 tbsp
All purpose flour – 4 tbsp (60 gms)
Unsweetened Cocoa powder – 4 tbsp ( 60 gms)
Eggs – 2 (separated white & yolk)
Hot milk – 1/2 cups (120 ml)
Granulated white sugar – 4 tbsp (60 gms)
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Red food color – 3 – 4 drops
Salt – ¼ tsp
Baking powder – ¼ tsp
Low Fat cool whipping (optional)
- Brush or grease the sheet pan with soft butter / vegetable oil.
- Now set the oven rack in lower third of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Add butter into a small pan, melt the butter and add flour, cocoa powder and cook for 1 min on low flame.
- After that add the hot milk on over medium heat, stir constantly with spatula without any lumps.
- Put off the flame, add chocolate and stir until melted and set aside.
- Separate the egg yolks and add to the chocolate mixture, one at a time and add the vanilla extract.
- Add red food color to the chocolate mixture.
- Now beat the separated egg white with hand mixer, by slowly adding the sugar and salt until soft peak.
- Take 2 tbsp of meringue and add into the chocolate mixture and stir it.
- Now add the chocolate mixture to the remaining meringue and fold with the spatula slowly.
- Pour the batter in to the sheet cake pan and run the knife over the batter (helps to get rigid bubbles).
- Now bake at 350 degrees F. for about 10 – 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean .
- Dusted with Confectionery / powdered sugar on top of the cake.
- Serve and enjoy it with whip cream on top!!!