Chicken wings is one of the most popular appetizer around the world. And here, I have prepared with my own twist.
My hubby won’t like to eat deep fried food, he is so conscious about his health (but, am not.. Usshh).
So I decided to bake my Chicken Wings with some of the Asian spices, available in my pantry.
I am from the Southern part of India, I love spicy foods.. So here, I used hot sauce appropriately spicy for my palate, this could be reduced according to your taste.
Orange is one of my favourite citrus fruit. This citrus fruit goes well with both sweet & savory … I personally felt that, it brings more flavour to my recipe !!!
I love this spicy Orange Honey Sauce !!!
Hope you all enjoy !!!
Chicken Wings (cut the joints) – 250gms (wings tips & skin removed)
Fresh ginger (minced) – 2 tsp
Fresh Garlic (minced) – 2 tsp
Soy Sauce (low sodium) – 1 tbsp
Chili sauce (Frank’s) – 4 tsp
Olive Oil – 2 tsp
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Orange Honey Sauce:
Orange juice – ½ cup
Orange zest – 1 tbsp
Honey – 1 tbsp
Home made Chicken Broth – ¼ cup
Unsalted butter – 1 tbsp
Sour Cream / Yogurt dipping:
Sour Cream / Yogurt – ½ cup
Cilantro – handful
Cumin powder – a pinch (optional)
Sesame Seeds (roasted) – 1 tsp
Spring onions / Chives – finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F, place the cooling rack over the top of baking tray which should be lined with aluminum foil / parchment paper.
- In a zip-lock bag / bowl, marinate the chicken wings with above ingredients. Press the zip line on the bag and shake it nicely to coat well. Marinate atleast for four hours / overnight.
- Now line the marinated wings in the prepared rack evenly and bake until browned on both sides, about 30 minutes (each side on 15 minutes).
- While the wings are baking, in a small pan heat the butter, pour the marinated sauce, chicken broth, orange juice & honey, bring to boil on low flame, stirring occasionally, until the sauce / syrup get thicken.
- Remove the wings from the oven and toasted it with the sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds & chives / spring onions.
- For dipping, combine & beat all the ingredients in food processor.
- Serve hot & enjoy it !!