Wow !!! Chicken Tikka, quintessential food in India and UK..
Tikka itself refers the small bites, the boneless chicken blend with all spices. The combination of all spices and the marinating time gives prefect juicy and tenderness to the chicken.
In India, whenever I come across the non-vegetarians restaurants, I have seen the crispy, golden & juicy chicken tikka grilled over red-hot coals, which makes me flattered. Somehow, I couldn’t had the chance to taste it before, so I planned by last Sunday to try out this recipe.
I used onion, green bell pepper and cherry tomatoes, which really makes more flavourful Tikka.
If you don’t have some spices which is listed below; don’t hesitate to play with your available spices & it’s really fun to make. So here is the chicken tikka recipe, easy to prepare in your home itself.
Chicken breast (boneless)- 250gms (cut it into cubes)
Yogurt – 2 tbsp
Garam masala – 2 tsp
Cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp
Nutmeg powder – 1/2 tsp
Javantiri powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Chat masala – 1 tsp
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Olive oil – 2 tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Vegetables (cut it into cubes) :
Green bell pepper / Capsicum – 1
Red onion – 1
Cherry Tomatoes (whole)– 5 -6 nos (could use normal tomato also)
- First cut the chicken into small cubes and remove the moisture by using paper towel.
- In separate bowl, add yogurt, lemon juice, oil, all spices given above the list and mixed it well.
- Now add the chicken to the mixture, cover the bowl with plastic wrap & marinate for overnight / atleast 60 minutes in the refrigerator.
- After that, thread the chicken & fresh vegetables on to the the skewers and make it ready for grill.
- Preheat the grill / pan for 5 minutes, spray oil on the top and grill the skewers on both sides over medium high flame until it gets tender.
- Serve it hot, remove the skewers and garnish with thin onion rings & lemon.