Ingredients for Masala:
Oil – 2 tbsp
Butter – 1 tbsp
Onion Paste – ½ cup
Homemade Tomato puree – 1 ½ cups
Homemade Chicken stock / clear soup – 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Chili powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Garam masala powder – 1tsp
Creamy cheese – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Ingredients for Meatball / kofta:
Chicken Minced / Grounded – 500 gms
Oil – 2 tsp
Egg – 1 small beaten
Bread crumbs / panko – 2 tbsp
Green chilies – 2 chopped finely
Homemade Cheese / paneer – ½ cup
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Pepper powder – 1tsp
Onion – 1 large chopped finely
Salt – ½ tsp
Kofta / Meatball Preperation:
- Mix all the ingredients for kofta / meatball and marinate for 15 minutes on refrigerator.
- After that, make a small size balls and cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for another 15 minutes.
- Now heat the 2 tbsp of oil on low flame and pan fry the koftas / meatball until golden brown on each side and keep it separately.
- On the same pan, add onion paste and ginger garlic paste saute until the raw flavour goes off.
- Now add the turmeric, red chili, coriander, garam masala powder and saute for 2 minutes.
- After that add the tomato puree and cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Now add the chicken stock , once the mixture boiled / bubbled, then add the pan fried kofta / meat balls and cook for 15 minutes with lid.
- Add the Cream cheese and mix it well on low flame until the mixture gets thickened.
- Garnish it with cilantro.
- Serve hot and enjoy it with steamed rice, chapathi, dosa / idly etc..
- If you didn’t get bread crumbs, you can use normal bread soaked in warm milk / water and remove the moisture by squeezing it.