Green gram / moong dal – ½ cup (soaked for 4 hours)
Rice flour – 2 tbsp
Pepper corns – ½ tsp
Cumin / Jeera – 1 tsp
Ommam / Ajwain – ½ tsp
Coriander leaves – 1/ 4 chopped
Green chillies – 2 chopped
Onion – 1 small chopped
Oil – 1tsp
Salt to taste
- Soak moong dal for 4-5 hours & wash the soaked moong dal thoroughly.
- While washing, get rid of the green skin as possible, but not fully, leave it some for just to give bright green color.
- Grind green chillies, onions, ajwain, cumin seeds, pepper corns, coriander leaves and moong dal well into a coarse paste and add water if required (for dosa batter).
- Now add rice flour, salt and 1/2 tsp. oil to the ground batter & mix it well.
- Add generous amount of water to make the batter of a spreading consistency.
- Heat a flat non-stick pan / dosa tava and get it off the flame while pour the batter with a spoon / deep ladle and spread it into a circle.
- Now get it back on the flame and cook it, Once the water dries out, brush some oil over the dosa.
- Remove the dosa from the pan carefully (make sure that it is cooked fully).
- Serve hot & enjoy it with fresh coconut / tomato / onion chutney.
I served with coconut chutney & Onion chutney !!!