Red Onion – 1 large
Oil – 2 tbsp
- First, slice the onion in to thin size.
- After slicing, using the paper towel remove the moisture from the onion.
- Keep a pan on medium heat, add 2 tbsp oil and heat it.
- Once the oil gets hot, now add the thin sliced onion slowly into the oil and fry until the onion gets golden brown (Caramelization the onion).
- Remove the extra oil by using paper towel.
- Slicing the onion into thin, helps to fry fast.
Don’t over crowd the onions in the frying pan because its doesn’t fry evenly.
Caramelization of onions enhance its taste in biriyani.
Remove moisture & excess of oil from onion, which helps to fry the onion fast & crispy.